Colleges in Bangalore
M.B.B.S | M.D. | M.S. | Diploma | B.Sc.
Silicon Valley of India has earned another reputation of being the Health Capital of our nation. Bangalore, in Karnataka, houses some noticeable healthcare infrastructure in India, which includes some of the premier medical hospitals and colleges of India where students in thousands, pursue their career in medical studies and research every year. Aspirants have to qualify the NEET-UG examination for admission to MBBS course. Qualified MBBS doctors then can appear and qualify the NEET-PG examination for MD, MS, PG Diploma specializations in Radiology, Orthodontics, Paediatrics etc. An alternative to NEET counseling, aspirants has the opportunity to get direct admissions in medical colleges in Bangalore, Karnataka through Management/N.R.I quota, where govt. approved 25% seats are being offered by all the Medical institutions against certain management fees.
Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) are a set of two individual degrees being awarded together upon graduating from any medical institution across the globe. The degree certificate in India is accredited by the Medical Council of India. This degree is generally awarded to students passing out from any medical colleges in Bangalore, Karnataka too. Medical aspirants have to undergo 4.5 years of rigorous training followed by a compulsory internship for a year, before applying for the degree. The course is divided into four parts with only the second part lasting one and a half years. Students take an examination at the end of each part. The first part comprises pre-clinical subjects anatomy, physiology, and biochemistry. The second part includes para-clinical subjects pharmacology, microbiology, pathology and forensic medicine. The third part comprises clinical subjects is divided into a part I and part II comprising preventive and social medicine, ophthalmology, otorhinolaryngology and general medicine, general surgery & orthopedics, pediatrics and obstetrics and gynecology respectively. The 12-month internship is compulsory to attain both the degrees and registration as a doctor with the Medical Council of India.
Top MBBS Colleges in Bangalore
- The Oxford Medical College, Hospital & Research Centre
- Sapthagiri Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre
- BGS Global Institute of Medical Sciences
- East Point College of Medical Sciences & Research Centre
- MVJ Medical College and Research Hospital
- Dr BR Ambedkar Medical College
- M S Ramaiah Medical College
- Rajarajeswari Medical College & Hospital
- Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences
- Vydehi Institute Of Medical Sciences & Research Centre
- Akash Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre
- St. Johns Medical College, Bangalore
Top MBBS Colleges in Karnataka
- Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore
- Srinivas Institute of Medical Research Centre, Srinivasnagar
- Subbaiah Institute of Medical Sciences, Shimoga, Karnataka
- Shridevi Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Hospital, Tumkur
- Sambhram Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Kolar
- Kanachur Institute of Medical Sciences, Mangalore
- Adichunchanagiri Institute of Medical Sciences Bellur
- Al-Ameen Medical College,Bijapur
- Shri B M Patil Medical College, Hospital & Research Centre, Bijapur
- Father Mullers Institue of Medical Education and Research, Mangalore
- JSS Medical College, Mysore
- Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Belgaum
- Kasturba Medical College, Manipal
- Sri Siddhartha Medical College, Tumkur
- Basaveswara Medical College and Hospital, Chitradurga
- K S Hegde Medical Academy, Mangalore
- Yenepoya Medical College, Mangalore
- A J Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Mangalore
- S. Nijalingappa Medical College & HSK Hospital & Research Centre, Bagalkot
- Navodaya Medical College, Raichur
- S S Institute of Medical Sciences& Research Centre, Davangere
- JJM Medical College, Davangere
- Mahadevappa Rampure Medical College, Gulbarga
- Sri Devaraj URS Medical College, Kolar
- Khaja Banda Nawaz Institute of Medical Sciences, Gulbarga
- K V G Medical College, Sullia
- SDM College of Medical Sciences & Hospital, Sattur, Dharwad
Get Honest Counseling
Stay on choice and budget, and still get direct admission in the best colleges in Karnataka.
M.D. , M.S.
After completing MBBS, qualified doctors can apply for post graduate (specialization) courses, in various medical colleges in Bangalore or anywhere in India, which will prolong their studies for another 3 years. Successful completion would award a student with prestigious MD, MS or DNB degrees. More endorsed specialty courses are taken up by students as specializations in the fields of Cardiology, Neurology, Oncology, Nephrology, Gastroenterology, Endocrinology, Immunology, General Medicine, Radiology, etc. for 3 more years. Upon completion, they will be awarded the degree as DM (medical), MS (surgical), depending on the specialization they had enrolled for. There is a total of 33 specializations available for pursuing DM or MS degree.
- MD courses in Bangalore - Community Medicine, General Medicine, Paediatrics, Dermatology, Radio Diagnosis, Anaesthesiology, Psychiatry, Emergency Medicine, etc.
- MS courses in Bangalore - General Surgery, O.B.G, Ophthalmology, E.N.T, Orthopaedic, etc.
MBBS qualified doctors can apply for PG Diploma (specialization) courses, in various medical colleges in Bangalore or anywhere in India, which will extend for another 2 years of studies. Successful completion would award a student with a diploma. Emphasized specialty courses are taken up by students as specializations in the fields of Anesthesia, Child Health, Forensic Medicine, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Industrial Hygiene, Public Health, etc. for 2 more years. Upon completion, they will be awarded the diploma depending on the specialization they had enrolled for. There is a total of 61 options of subjects for pursuing a post graduate diploma under Medical Council of India.
- PG Diploma courses in Bangalore - Dermatology, Diabetology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Radio-Diagnosis, Sports Medicine, Paediatrics, Psychological Medicine, Plastic Surgery, and many more diploma courses can be validated by Medical Council of India website.
Allied health sciences courses are very popular alternatives to regular MBBS courses, where students become health care professionals distinct from nursing, general medicine, and pharmacy. They work in health care teams to make the health care system function by providing a range of diagnostic, technical, therapeutic and direct patient care and support services that are critical to the other health professionals, like the doctor they work with and the patients they serve. They are health professionals who apply their expertise to prevent disease transmission, diagnose, treat and rehabilitate people of all ages and all specialties. Together with a range of technical and support staff, they may deliver direct patient care, rehabilitation, treatment, diagnostics and health improvement interventions to restore and maintain optimal physical, sensory, psychological, cognitive and social functions. There are several specialized courses under Allied Health Sciences. A graduate of these courses is in high demand in hospitals and nursing homes. The degree being offered at the end of successful course completion is a B.Sc. Course duration is for 4 years with an internship.
Different applicable courses are:
- B.Sc. in Medical Laboratory Technology
- B.Sc. in Radiotherapy Technology
- B.Sc. in Operation Theatre Technology
- B.Sc. in Imaging Technology
- B.Sc. in Cardiac Care Technology
- B.Sc. in Anesthesia Technology
- B.Sc. in Perfusion Technology
- B.Sc. in Respiratory Care Technology
- B.Sc. in Neuro Science Technology
- B.Sc. in Renal Dialysis Technology
- B.Sc. in Accident & Emergency Care Technology
- B.Sc. in Audiology & Speech Language Pathology
- B.Sc. in Cardio Pulmonary Perfusion Care Technology
- B.Sc. in Critical Care Technology
- B.Sc. in Nuclear Medicine Technology
- B.Sc. in Optometry
- B.Sc. in Physician Assistant
- B.Sc. in Prosthetics & Orthotics