Foreign Medical Graduates Examination (FMGE 2016)
FMGE 2016 is a licensure examination conducted by the National Board of Examinations (NBE) in India. The test is one of the mandatory requirements for an Indian citizen who has a medical degree from a college outside India to practice medicine in the country. The FMGE 2016 -Screening Test has been introduced through the Screening Test Regulations 2002.
Eligibility Criteria :
The candidate should be a citizen of India or Overseas Citizen of India.
- The candidate should possess a primary medical qualification, which is confirmed by the Indian Embassy concerned, to be a recognized qualification for enrollment as medical practitioner in the country in which the institution awarding the said qualification is situated.
- Cut-off date for obtaining the Primary Medical Qualification will be before the date of exam. It is mandatory to provide proof/documentary evidence in support of the candidate having passed final examination for such a primary medical qualification/posses the primary medical qualification on or before the cut-off date. In the event of the date of issue of result/proof of primary medical qualification being after the prescribed cut off date, the application form shall be rejected and candidate declared as ineligible.
- Candidate seeking provisional or permanent registration shall not have to qualify the Screening Test if he/she holds an Under Graduate medical qualification from Australia/ Canada /New Zealand/United Kingdom/United States of America and the holder thereof has also been awarded a Post Graduate medical qualification in Australia/Canada/ New Zealand/ United Kingdom/United States of America and has been recognized for enrollment as medical practitioner in that country.
Candidates may also refer to Screening Test Regulations and Regulations on Graduate Medical Education, Eligibility Certificate Regulations issued by Medical Council of India. The same may be referred to at www.mciindia.org or obtained from Secretary, Medical Council of India, Sector-8 Pocket-14, Dwarka, New Delhi. Telephone: 25367033, 25367035, Fax: 25367024.
Examination Schedule for June session :
Online Registration: 26-April-2016 to 16-May-2016. Click here to register.
Test Date: 29-June-2016.
Fees Structure for Examination :
FMGE 2016 Exam – INR 5500/-
The above fee is inclusive of examination fees and information bulletin. Please note that this is a composite fee (as above) inclusive of fees for the examination and information bulletin. Information Bulletin shall also be available at website for reference.
Mode of Payment – The prescribed registration fee should be remitted through payment gateway provided using a Credit Card or a Debit Card issued by banks of India or through Net Banking.
Note – Candidates remaining absent from the examination will forfeit their examination fee. Candidates are advised to read the rule position carefully and satisfy the terms and conditions for fulfilment of eligibility criteria before proceeding for payment of fees.
Fees shall neither be refunded nor carried forward if the application for FMGE 2016 is rejected due to ineligible candidature.
FMGE 2016 Examination Pattern –
1. PRE & PARA CLINICAL SUBJECTS: 100 MARKS
i) ANATOMY – 17 Questions
ii) PHYSIOLOGY – 17 Questions
iii) BIOCHEMISTRY – 17 Questions
iv) PATHOLOGY – 13 Questions
v) MICROBIOLOGY – 13 Questions
vi) PHARMACOLOGY – 13 Questions
vii) FORENSIC MEDICINE- 10 Questions
2. CLINICAL SUBJECTS: 200 MARKS
i) MEDICINE & ALLIED SUBJECTS
1) MEDICINE – 33 Questions
2) PSYCHIATRY – 05 Questions
3) DERMATOLOGY & STD – 05 Questions
4) RADIOTHERAPY – 05 Questions
ii) GENERAL SURGERY & ALLIED SUBJECTS
1) GENERAL SURGERY – 32 Questions
2) ANESTHESIOLOGY – 05 Questions
3) ORTHOPEDICS – 05 Questions
4) RADIODIAGNOSIS – 05 Questions
iii) PEDIATRICS – 15 Questions
iv) OPHTHALMOLOGY – 15 Questions
v) OTORHINOLARYNGOLOGY – 15 Questions
vi) OBSTETRICS & GYNAECOLOGY – 30 Questions
vii) COMMUNITY MEDICINE – 30 Questions
For detailed information, visit official site :