Admissions Square Educational Consultancy LLP

Fulfilling Dreams, Reliably!

10,000 MBBS seats added by Union Cabinet.

More mbbs seats added, no cry for wanna be doctors…!

A proposal to increase the number of MBBS seats by an additional 10000 was cleared by the Union Cabinet on last Thursday. This proposal would help bring down the doctor:patient ratio from 1:2000 to 1:1000, which means there would be more doctors available in remote places, where there is current scarcity of good doctors. This proposal brings an additional 10000 Crore expenditure, which would be borne by the Central Government and State Government in determined ratios. North Eastern states will share in the ratio of 90:10, where 90 percent will be supported by Central Government, and remaining 10 percent by the respective State Governments. Similarly, for other states the ratio would be 70:30.

Each MBBS seat would approximately cost Rs. 1.20 Cr. The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs approved these seats proposed by the Ministry of Health and Family welfare, to upgrade the existing infrastructure in central government medical colleges, and state government medical colleges as well.

There are a good number of 381 medical colleges, private and government combined, with a registered(Medical Council of India) seat capacity of 50,000 for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery(MBBS) course, in India.  An additional 10,000 would definitely bring smiles for medical aspirants this year.


Karnataka Counselling 2019

Ask Us

Free Consultations about Colleges, Courses, Exams, Counselling, Registrations, in Bangalore, Karnataka.